Story writing competitions Australia
Finding the words that matter.
2014 Cowley Literary Award
Comprising two sections, fiction and non-fiction, the Cowley Literary Award will have no subject theme. It is for writers to decide their subject. Your ideas. Your sources. We just want quality stories.
- 2014 CLA has closed for entry.
- Stories to be a maximum of 1, 000 words.
- Sections for Fiction and Non-Fiction.
- Entry fee $25 per story.
- Best Story increased to $5, 000AUD - Runner Up $1, 000AUD.
- 36 Finalists - 6 selected monthly (3 from each section) over 6 months.
- 1st Finalists selected at the end of January 2014
Cowley Literary Award
is now on.
2014 Cowley Literary Award Finalists so far.
- Bobbie Allen - 'A Fine Amount of Mastery'
- Colleen Kerr - 'Cumulus'
- Chris Stanley - 'Sometimes'
- Dawn Markowitsch - 'Vegemite Toast with Romeo'
- Eileen Herbert-Goodall - 'Last Rites'
- Garry Hurle - 'The Red Back Spider'
- Hazel Cotton - 'Miracle'
- Jenny Toune - 'Can't Say No to a Dying Man'
- John Jenkins - 'The Red One'
- Mark Furness - 'Tom's Taxi'
- Rebecca Lupton - 'Lavender Farmer'
- Robert Hollingworth - 'Strangers in the Park'
- Robyn McCann - 'Advent'
- Robyn Mundy - 'In The Mood'
- Susan Cornford - 'Backstage'
- Barry Divola - 'Free of the Earth
- Brad Kyle - 'A Long Walk With My Father'
- Elizabeth Craig - 'Whispering Wind'
- Elizabeth Pittman - 'Charlie and His Chequered Career'
- Faye McLeod - 'Paucity'
- Faye McLeod - 'The Birth of Innocence'
- Jenna Gallina - 'I'm Not Depressed, I Just Hate You'
- Jennifer Porter - 'Face'
- Jolyon Zentner - 'Dear Harry'
- Kasey Scouller - 'Gifted'
- Lisa Watts - 'Mills and Boon - A Tribute'
- Michelle Brock - 'Sewing Lessons'
- Nina-Marie Butler - 'Inner Musings of a Funny Looking Kid'
- Ruth Clare - 'Lucky Escape'
- Ryan Heffernan - 'Monorail Dreaming'
- Sheldon Ha - 'It All Started With a Blank Piece of Paper'
- Susan Cornford - 'My Life as a Noir Short Story'
- Val Clark - 'Dread'
The 2014 Cowley Award Judges
You might also like
Writing Tips With Julianna | Always Edit Your Stories
Writing & Publishing Tips : How to Write a Feature Story
Achiever | Noah Bunch wins writing contest — The Courier-Journal
How do you write historical stories of transcending above competition
WikiAnswers will not write your stories for you, but we WILL help you learn how to do it yourself! Click on the Related Questions for even more information. Write sentences the way you speak - just pretend you are telling this to a friend, and write down what you would say. What would you tell them about this topic? What does this phrase mean to you? What examples of transcending competition would you give to your friend? If you just start writing, you will be through with your assignment before you know it!