Fiction Writing Contests for Kids
Amazing Kids Magazine! is very excited to bring to you the first contest of 2014 – a fiction writing contest. Pick out your favorite story you have written and submit it by March 31st. This contest is not only about winning or losing – the most important thing is your participation! By participating, your stories will be reviewed also for possible publication, so you can share your story with everyone. Show your talent to everyone by submitting a fictional story to us by March 31st.
The contest is open for all the kids from 6 to 17 years old. The Age Groups have been divided for judging as follows: 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, and 15-17.
Rules and Regulations:
- Submissions must be emailed with “Amazing Kids! Fiction Contest” as the subject.
- Submissions must be an original fictional story with a maximum word count of 1500 words.
- It must be kid-friendly with no violence, inappropriate language, or mature themes.
- The stories should have an interesting storyline with well-developed characters. A title that reflects the general storyline should be included.
- Submissions should be double-spaced with the author’s name, current age (even if the story was written at a younger age) and city/state. They should be in a word or pdf document titled with the title of your story and your first name.
- If you are submitting a story written when you were younger, your story will be judged in your current age group.
- A maximum of 3 entries per person is allowed.
Prizes: The top winners in each category will receive a $25 Amazon Gift Card. The winners will be announced in the magazine on May 1st.
Put on your thinking caps and create the most interesting or entertaining story ever. It can also be taken from an incident in your own life as long as the majority of the story is fictional. We look forward to reading your entries!
You might also like
Laundromat owner gets six-figure surprise — WKYT
.. the best essay." Reed says he plans to use the money to pay off loans at his new location set to open up on East New Circle Road. "My intention from the first was, if I get $200,000 worth of equipment, and I budget for $100,000, I'm going to win ..
What is a great writing assignment for 1st-year college students?
Ask the student to find and observe an ant for one hour without touching it or in any way hindering it from going about its normal business.
During this hour they are to assume that 'their' ant has the secret to the meaning of life.
After observing the ant for an hour they are to write an essay on what secret they learned from the ant that will serve them well through life.