Fiction novel Writing Contests
Our Annual Fiction Contest accepts submissions by mail and online from June 25th, 2014 through 5pm CST November 16th, 2014.
The winner will be announced before the beginning of each Festival.
Please read our Guidelines and FAQ’s before you submit!
- $1, 500
- Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the next Festival in New Orleans
- VIP All-Access Festival pass for the next Festival ($500 value)
- Public reading at a literary panel at the next Festival
- Publication in Louisiana Literature
Top Ten Finalists Prize
- Top ten finalists will receive a panel pass ($75 value) to the next Festival.
- This contest is open only to writers who have not yet published a book of fiction. Published books include self-published books with ISBN numbers. Those who have published books in other genres besides fiction remain eligible.
- Only previously unpublished stories will be accepted.
- Stories that won this contest in previous years are ineligible; their authors remain eligible but must submit new work.
- Stories submitted to this contest in previous years that did not place are eligible.
- Stories that have won and/or placed in any other writing contest are ineligible.
- Stories by United States and international writers are accepted.
Send your manuscript and check or money order for $25 (made out to the: Tennessee Williams Literary Festival) to:
Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival
You might also like
Laundromat owner gets six-figure surprise — WKYT
.. the best essay." Reed says he plans to use the money to pay off loans at his new location set to open up on East New Circle Road. "My intention from the first was, if I get $200,000 worth of equipment, and I budget for $100,000, I'm going to win ..
When are online entries for 17 Fiction Contest due?
Does anyone know when online entries for the 2009 Seventeen Magazine Fiction Contest are due?
Supposedly at 11:59 tonight (ET) but for whatever reason no one can get their submissions in anymore. =/ Hope you have better luck than that!