Writing Contest, Canadians
Do you love to write? Are you in Grade 4 to 12? If so, enter the Book Week 2013 Writing Contest!
Young writers from across Canada, in grades 4 to 12, are invited to submit their stories and/or poems (fiction or non-fiction) to the Book Week 2013 Writing Contest for Kids & Teens. Judging is done by noted writers from across Canada and one winner from each grade will receive a $250 gift certificate for the bookstore of his or her choice. Two honourable mentions from each grade category will also receive $50 gift certificates. The deadline for submissions is during TD Canadian Children’s Book Week 2013.
- Entries must be postmarked by . They do not have to be received by this date.
- Entrants must be in Grades 4 to 12 at the time of the contest deadline.
- Entries must be written in English and must not exceed 1, 500 words.
- All entries must be original content.
- Multiple entries are allowed and can be mailed together in one envelope.
- All entries must include a fully complete .*
- Please staple one entry form to each story/poem being submitted; do not use paperclips, binder clips, folders or duotangs.
- Entries may be handwritten or typed.
- No faxed or emailed entries will be accepted.
- Due to the large volume of entries, we cannot acknowledge receipt of entry.
- Contest open to residents of Canada only.
- Winners will be announced on during TD Canadian Children's Book Week 2013.