Tennessee Williams Creative Writing Contest
The Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival is pleased to announce that our annual fiction and one-act play contests are now accepting submissions. Our team is gearing up for our 27th celebration of our namesake playwright and the city in which he found his “spiritual home.” Details are below.
5th Annual Fiction Contest
Judge: Michael Cunningham, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of The Hours
- $1, 500
- Domestic airfare (up to $500) and French Quarter accommodations to attend the 2013 Festival in New Orleans
- VIP All-Access Festival Pass ($500 value)
- Public reading at a literary panel at the 2013 Festival (March 20-24)
- Publication in Louisiana Literature
Top Ten Finalists
- Names will appear on website. Finalists will also receive a panel pass ($75 value) to attend the 2013 Festival.
Submit unpublished short stories up to 7, 000 words. Unlimited entries per person.
25th Annual One-Act Play Contest
- Staged reading at the 2013 Festival (March 20-24)
- Full production at the 2014 Festival
- VIP All-Access Festival pass for 2013 and 2014 ($1, 000 value)
- Publication in Bayou
- Names will appear on website. Finalists will also receive a panel pass ($75 value) to attend the 2013 Festival
Submit unpublished, never publicly performed one-act plays up to one hour in length.Tennessee Williams/New Orleans
938 Lafayette Street, Suite 514
New Orleans, LA 70113