Creative Writing Contests for College students
MCC announces its Creative Writing Competition for 2013. The three categories are poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction.
Entries must be received by Josh Rathkamp, the Creative Writing Coordinator, no later than .
- A contestant must be a currently enrolled “for credit” student at Mesa Community College during the semester of the competition (Spring 2013). All faculty are excluded. Entries must be works written during the students’ enrollment in credit courses at MCC.
- Students who have previously won First Place in a category are not eligible to participate again in that category.
- Entries must be unpublished works that have not won previous awards.
- Three (3) duplicate hard copies of each entry must be formatted as follows:
- MS Word, 12 point type, and double spaced.
- Poetry entries may be single spaced.
- The submission must be printed on 8 ½ x 11” white paper.
- Submit the entry in a 9 x 12” envelope.
- Your name must be printed on the outside of the envelope, along with the words “MCC Creative Writing Competition” AND the category of the entry.
- Each envelope may contain only one entry.
- Entries not submitted as requested will not be accepted.
Only one entry per category may be submitted by one individual. Contestants must include the completed MCC Spring 2013 Official Creative Writing Competition Entry Form with each entry.
The contestant’s name must not appear anywhere on the submission. The upper right corner of each page of the entry must include Title of Entry &